Hit CountersFree Hit Counter

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas at the house

This year my family decided to go all out with the Christmas decorations. My sister had a bonfire Christmas party for her friends where everyone got to roast marshmallows and hot dogs. I tried to include a picture of the wonderful Christmas lights that my dad hung and the decorations my mom put up. Christmas lights apparently aren't very photogenic. :-/ Christmas time is by far my favorite time of year. Everyone seems to be in a cheery mood and lots of time is spent with those you care about. Christmas music, my favorite. Smell of Christmas trees, my favorite. Charleston Christmas weather, my favorite. This week it has been in the high 70s and low 80s. Near record temperatures! What is there to complain about? Nothing, really. The bonfire my sister had was a hit. There seemed to be 50 people there. Oh, and did that not take me back 8 years ago, when I was her age. Woah... Thank you God, that I am no longer that age. And please Lord tell me I never acted like them! I swear, look to my left...I see one couple making out. Look to my right...I see another couple looking into each other's eyes and talking of their future together! They're 16! What future do you have at 16?! Made me want to vomit! Needless to say though, the party was a good time.

So, what did I ask Santa for? Well...the nerd in me asked for an external DVD burner for my mac and a new pair of Wallabies. Oh how I miss the days of not being able to fall asleep on Christmas Eve for hopes of hearing Santa when he came to deliver my gifts. The suspense used to kill me! I'd wake up at 3am and attempt to wake my parents. They'd make me go back to bed but I would try again at 4. 4am usually worked!
Send your own ElfYourself eCards



1 comment:

  1. I hope you get everything you want for Christmas! Tell your Mama I said Hi.

    ReplyDelete